Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Greatest Gift

The Greatest Gift


by Robert Hughey (Google+)


http://ascendedapprentice.blogspot.com



The Greatest Gift You Can Give to Me

Is Your Love, Unconditionally

For Love with No Boundaries

Pays Me My Very Salary


And with Unyielding Support

We Can Harbor at Any Port

No Storm, Our Vessel Could Capsize

Our Arrival Assured, Oh Look, No Sailor Dies


Love Me like the Goddess Loves Her Baby Child

And I will Love You: Signed, Sealed and Filed

And Write Bad Poetry All the Day Long

About How I love you too, maybe even in Song


And You'll Forgive My Very Poor Verse

As We Travel, in this, My Universe

Trying to Understand the Depths of this Love

Failing, Constantly, to Capture that particular Dove


But Poor though my Verse May Be in Part

Let is Symbolize a Man's Never-Yielding Heart


For Poetry was Never my Strong Suit

But loving, with No End, Has fully Taken Root.



12-26-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this Blog

Receive New Posts from The Ascended Apprentice as they are posted.

Contact The Ascended Apprentice

Name

Email *

Message *

Synchronicity: Higher Density Blog