Monday, December 16, 2013

The New Earth Supports You Completely

The New Earth Supports You Completely

by Robert Hughey (Google+)

credit: hecticpress.com
Credit

The New Earth's Got Your Back.
Question is: Do We Have Hers?


Today the most interesting thing happened.

As I was walking back from my car to my parents' front door, I stumbled a bit and lodged some gravel in the lining of my shoes. That, in itself, isn't all that interesting, but I reached down, pulled out the largest rock and then proceeded to use it to "flick" out the smaller rocks from the sole of my shoes.

When I flicked the last small rock, a miracle occurred.  I don't know how else to explain what happened except I launched the rock in just the right velocity so that a blade of grass in the yard "caught" the rock. It landed right on top of it and STAYED. From my perspective, a man playing Center Field for the Atlanta Braves would have been jealous at the skill to which this piece of grass caught this rock.



New Earth says, "I got you."


It was at the moment, as I stood there, still with the rock in my hand, propped up against my parents beautiful home, staring at a rock sitting on top of a blade of grass that I had the realization that to the New Earth itself, we're all like the rocks I was flicking around the yard. Sure, only one happened to be fully supported by that one particular blade of grass, but every single one of them was "caught" by the very New Earth itself. She caught every one I sent every which way!

And, if we support our beloved Earth and we support the Mother that gave birth to us, she'll catch us too. I have this idea that she works tirelessly to catch us all, regardless of how cognizant of how our actions are toward her or how we affect her, but if we want to be like the rock perfectly balanced and caught by the blade of grass, and we all do, don't we? The view from the top seems to be the best, does it not? Well, to be that privileged little rock we have to be better aware at how our actions affect the Earth and planet who sustains and provides for us.

So what does that all mean, Robert?


Why thank you for asking! Haha

I think what it all means, and I can honestly only speak for myself here, but for me personally, I need to be more aware of my carbon footprint, be better aware of how I'm heating my home, how much gasoline (petrol) I'm using to drive around, make better choices to take care of this beautiful body that the Earth has given me to move around on her surface on, and to really start investigating and supporting causes that really make the same sort of choices I feel align with the same sort of "Pro-Earth" and "Pro-Environment" stance that I most agree with.



In my Hand, in Your Hand too
The Whole World, in Her Hand


Maybe you feel like you too can do something like that. That's not my place to judge whether you do or you don't, but what I do know is that I hope I get to the point where I'm easily balancing on the beautiful green blade of grass, and I hope you're right there along side me, holding my hand, as we look across the yard of God's Creation and we can both call out, "It's Beautiful!" And then post on Facebook about what we saw together.

I hope to see you there.


Thanks for taking the time to visit my little corner of the Internet.
Your Friend,

Robert Wiley Hughey

12-16-13

Question for the Comments:  What are some of your favorite Pro-Earth organizations or issues that you can tell me about or that you think I may enjoy focusing my time, meditations or even monetary support toward?

Suggestions so far:

www.kiva.org

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful perspective, and so fascinating to ponder! Thank you for sharing such positive and interesting articles - ones that really make you think too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here on my blog, Steven. You really gave me a good boost with your supportive and kind words here on the blog and on my Facebook page.

      Delete

Translate this Blog

Receive New Posts from The Ascended Apprentice as they are posted.

Contact The Ascended Apprentice

Name

Email *

Message *

Synchronicity: Higher Density Blog